Well here goes my experimentation with my new found cashew milk! Chia pudding is a pretty fun recipe. All you have to do is stir in 1/4 cup of chia seeds to the 1 cup of fluid….add your flavour of choice and VOILA!
These omega-3, energy filled and fibre filled seeds are going to keep you full for a while. Know why?
These little beauties can absorb up to 10 times their weight in water! That means in your stomach they expand even more to make you feel full and satisfied for longer. Plus they do not have to be ground up in order to digest them as is the case with flax seed.
– 1 cup of cashew milk or milk of your choice (including cow’s milk or even juice)
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or sugar
– 1/2 tsp ginger dry or freshly grated
– 1/2 orange, peeled and diced
1. Mix the milk, chia, maple syrup and spices in a cup or bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. The chia will have swelled up and absorbed all the fluid to make a pudding!
3. Top with diced oranges.