Baby it’s cold outside…and definitely the season of staying warm with a steaming bowl of something tasty!
This soup is quick and easy, using frozen vegetables from Costco…no fuss or mess, organic and at discounted price!
Frozen vegetables are fantastic to have in your freezer – they last longer than fresh, are ready to cook and are harvested at peak freshness so nutritionally they get a gold star.
– 1 package of hot or mild italian sausages (ensure gluten free if needed), casings removed
– 4 cups of frozen PEI mix vegetables (carrot, green and yellow beans)
– 1 cup cubed potatoes, keep skins on
– 8 cups of water
– Bay leaf
– 1 tsp each dried thyme and sage (adapt to your own taste)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove casing from sausage with a sharp knife. Add to large pot and brown sausage over medium heat until cooked through. Drain excess fat.
2. Add seasonings, vegetables, potatoes and water to pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer soup for about 30-45 minutes or until vegetables and potatoes are soft. Could also be made in the slow cooker.
Serve with drop biscuits or make your own garlic bread for a quick meal!