Cinnamon buns were served at a conference that I went to this week. Sad times when you can’t partake in the delicious food that everyone is sharing!
To make up for it, hubby and I decided to have pancakes for breakfast this morning – not just any pancakes….pumpkin cinnamon bun pancakes! Hooooo baby!
All I did was take a tested and true fluffy pancake recipe, swap out the flour for gluten free varieties, add in some pumpkin, spices and cubed cream cheese and VOILA!
These “cinnamon buns” are done in 30 minutes instead of trying to mess around with gloopy gluten free cinnamon dough….trust me it’s that would not be a nice way to start your Saturday. We were super impressed how fluffy and delicious these turned out!
Ingredients (about 1 dozen pancakes):
– 1 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten free flour blend (use 1/4 cup garbanzo bean/chickpea flour)
– 1/4 cup ground flax
– 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
– Spice blend (2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
– 3 tbsp melted butter or alternative
– 1 1/4 cups milk of your choice
– 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup diced cream cheese (optional)
1. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the liquid ingredients in a small bowl. Add in the liquid ingredients into the dry one until just combined.
3. Add 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake to a preheated pan or griddle and sprinkle on some cubed cream cheese. Cook until browned on each side!