For the fifth ball of Christmas I’d like to offer you….spicy gingerbread balls!
Look out…these ones are a spicy little number! HANDS DOWN my favourite one so far as I just love the taste of fresh ginger and gingerbread cookies 🙂 Not only are they made with whole ingredients, raw, vegan, gluten free and all that good stuff…but you get to eat them right away! No waiting-for-them-to-bake-nonsense…
Use fresh ginger if you can – they really make these balls pop. I store my ginger in the freezer as it lasts longer and grates very easily that way!
- 3/4 cup oats, regular or quick (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans (or more oats)
- 3/4 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated or 1 teaspoons ginger powder (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses, optional (I didn’t use it)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg or ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon, for rolling
Keep refrigerated and enjoy within two weeks or so. Makes 12 balls!