My hubby and I just got back from an amazing hiking trip to Ivvavik National Park in northern Yukon. Before I left I had an interview with CBC and they asked what we planned for our menu. I mentioned tin foil dinners was likely to appear on the menu as it is quick, easy, little mess, and super delicious!
We also enjoyed a wide variety of meals such:
– Roasted veg with rice noodles and marinated chicken
– Beef and vegetable shish kabobs with couscous and thai peanut sauce
– Marinated steak with tin foil cooked roasted vegetables
Here is the recipe for:
Marinated Roasted Vegetable Tin Foil Dinner
– Baby potatoes
– Cherry tomatoes
– Red onion
– Bell peppers (such as red, yellow, orange)
– other vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower work great
(Note I didn’t put amounts, that is the beauty of it…use what you have in the amounts you want)
– Sun dried tomato dressing (or any oil based dressing you like)
– Optional add in meat of your choice to make a complete meal
1. Chop all ingredients into bite size pieces.
2. Place all ingredients into ziploc bag and add marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Next day preheat Barbeque to low. Place veg into tinfoil and make a pouch (also works great in a grilling basket). Don’t overfill as it will take forever to cook.
4. Cook until potatoes are tender. Note – sometimes if I am short on time I will pre-boil my potatoes so it cooks faster.