Well my greenhouse plot is starting to produce which means a lot more salads in my house! Kale is super nutritious but I like to mix up the textures in a salad. The roasted hazelnuts are amazing in this salad. If you have never toasted nuts you MUST try it! It amps up the flavour big time. And is really easy!
1. Place nuts spaced loosely apart on a baking sheet.
2. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so and watch so they don’t burn. They should look darker and might start to split.
1 bunch kale, remove stalks, slice leaves thin
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. honey
1 mango, diced (or dried mango soaked in water to plump)
Handful of roasted hazelnuts
1. Chop kale, careful to remove the stems.
2. Mix dressing in separate bowl (lemon juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper).
3. Add mangoes and hazelnuts.