Whooooo baby are these ever good! I have to lock them away so I don’t eat them all before our road trip….on which they won’t last long anyway…
I wanted to make some granola bars for my man with a million food sensitivities. Fortunately I discovered this recipe idea from the blog This Rawsome Vegan Life (my favourite blog at the mo) and adapted it. All this recipe consists of is dried fruit, seeds and nuts (in one form or another)! I did add some oatmeal into mine but that is up to you. And – judge for yourself – but these are about 100 times more tasty (and nutritious) than the one you can buy in a box! Bliss 🙂
3 cups of “dry ingredients” any combination of nuts, seeds, oats….use more or less based on preference and what’s in your pantry
What I used: 1 cup clean oats, 1/3 cup walnuts, 1/3 cup coconut, 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/3 cup chia seeds, 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, 1/3 cup flaxseed
1 cup dried fruit (I used 1/3 cup madjool dates, 1/3 cup raisins and 1/3 cup prunes)
1/4 cups “sticky ingredients” – 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter and 3 tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Put 1/3 of dry mixture, 1/3 of the dried fruit and 1/3 of the sticky ingredients together in a food processer. (Mine is small – if you have a big one, dump it all in there!) Process until ingredients are fairly blended and stick together.
3. Empty into a parchment paper lined 9X13 baking dish or onto a baking sheet. Continue until all ingredients are mixed.
4. Press firmly with your fingers to smooth out the bars. I used a baking sheet and it allowed me to make it into the thickness I wanted. I garnished with dried apples but that is optional.
5. Chill in the fridge. Cut into bars!