Right now – where I live in the Arctic – the vegetables are getting a bit slim pickings as the ice road is breaking up. But no fear – I am finding creative ways to make the vegetables available to me taste delicious. I tried this out on company today and the liked it! Roasting veg is a great way to increase their flavour and keep as much of the nutrients in them as possible.
4 cups chopped brussel sprouts
Drizzle of olive oil
Seasons of your choice (I like fresh ground pepper)
1. Thaw brussel sprouts and toss in a bowl with the olive oil and seasonings.
2. Place on baking sheet making sure not to over crowd the pan.
3. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until the brussel sprouts starts to crisp and brown.
4. Optional – sprinkle with cheddar cheese or make a cheese sauce!
5. Enjoy with chicken and potatoes for a complete meal.