This recipe should need no justification – it’s raw, totally natural, sugar free, gluten free and can be made with or without oats to make it grain free if needed! And not to mention that nature shines though here in terms of flavour – outstanding.
Adapted from: http://bettyrawker.com/2013/01/24/blissful-raw-raspberry-breakfast-bar/
Base and topping
– 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut (or more oats)
– 1 cup clean old fashioned oats (if wanting grain free just substitute with nuts)
– 1 cup raw walnuts or pecans
– 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– pinch sea salt
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/2 to 2/3 cup dried medjool dates
– 2 cups frozen raspberries or berries, thawed, drained
– 1/4 cup medjool dates or other natural sweetener
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
1. Blend coconut, oats, walnuts, vanilla, cinnamon, & sea salt together in food processor for 30 seconds or less to remain chunky.
2. Add in dates and coconut oil. Blend until encorporated. Press 3/4 of mixture into 8X8 inch square pan. Set in fridge to firm up.
3. Blend thawed and drained fruit with dates and chia seeds. Let sit and thicken for 15 minutes, stirring on occasion. It should thicken to a jam-like consistency.
4. Spread raspberry mixture over base layer. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top of raspberry jam layer. Let it firm up in the fridge. Enjoy!