Well my parents were up for the weekend to visit us in Prince George. Growing up in Manitoba I was basically raised on Farmer Sausage….not the most nutritious option granted, but darn tasty! To change it up I decided to be inspired by a pinterest post and make this delicious baked dish. All you need is some veggies, some sausage and an oven. Couldn’t be easier.
Ingredients (Serves about 6 hungry people):
– 2 packages of farmer sausage sliced (find a gluten free one if needed)…we like Winklers Farmer Sausage
A good 8 cups of various vegetables as you prefer…I used the following
– 6 small zucchini’s, thick slices
– 2 bell peppers cut into chunks
– 1/2 – 3/4 bag of frozen vegetables (I used an italian mixture)
– 1 onion
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1 tsp basil
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Prepare all vegetables and sausage. Add everything together into a large casserole dish or roaster pan.
3. Bake in the oven for about an hour or until vegetables are tender and sausage is browned. Stir a few times during baking time.
I served it on top of spaghetti squash with some Frank’s Red! Yummy…..