Fluffy Gluten Free Buns
I got this recipe from my Nana. By the time she told me about it and I got around to making it she has already made them three times because they were that good! This recipe will not disappoint! They turn out fluffy and light, almost like a mixture between a biscuit and a Yorkshire pudding.
Master mix (can easily be halved)
8 cups white rice flour
4 cups brown rice flour
3 cups sweet rice flour (I couldn’t find this so I substituted sorghum flour)
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon salt
7 tablespoons xanthan gum
2 2/3 cup skim milk powder.
Sift together 2 or 3 times. Store in air tight container. Good for buns or pizza dough.
Gluten Free Bun Recipe
2 T Instant yeast
3 cups hot water (110F or 44C)
4 cups Master Mix
1/3 cup canola oil
Optional ingredients (sunflower seeds, flaxseed, chia seeds, raisins + cinnamon, etc.)
1. Mix together in mixer all above ingredients. Beat together for 3 minutes.
2. Let rise in the warm place for 15 min.
3. Beat again for 3 minutes.
4. Divide between 24 WELL greased muffin cups or mini loaf pans. Let rise uncovered for 15 mintes in a warm place.
5. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, tent halfway through with tinfoil to keep it from browning too much.
6. Let cool a few minutes before removing from pans.
Serve fresh and warm. Buns will turn stale quickly in the fridge so store in the freezer and pull out as needed, reheats well.