I wanted to make my husband a nice pie for his birthday and I saw this one on pinterest. My friend told me about this recipe too, she made it for her husband and he loved it! I was wondering how this recipe would taste with the tofu in it – would it have a off flavour or a strange texture? Fortunately it didn’t! I didn’t taste it at all and it make the most decadent, smooth and creamy chocolate pie! I will DEFINITELY be making this again as it took only about 10 minutes to make from start to finish (minus the pie crust but that is optional).
- 12.3 oz silken tofu
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- scant 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 to 10 oz chocolate chips (a little over 1 and 1/3c)
- optional: extracts, flavorings, or liqueurs
1. Melt the chocolate (either on the stove or in the microwave), then throw everything into a food processor or blender and process until super-smooth. Pour into a pie crust if desired.
2. Refridgerate until chilled. This gets firmer and firmer, the longer it sits.