My fiancé LOVES potatoes. Can’t say I say the same. But I know they are nutritious. So I am finding new ways of serving them up so that both he and I like them. French fries are ladened with fat and sodium…and don’t fall on Canada’s Food Guide. Roasted potatoes have the crunch and flavour of fries without all the extra calories.
Canola or olive oil
Seasonings of your choosing – I use garlic powder, basil, oregano, rosemary
1. Chop up potatoes (as many as desired). Place into large mixing bowl.
2. Add dried spiced and mix to coat potatoes.
3. Add a drizzle of oil enough to coat wedges but not too much that is it dripping (I use 1 tbsp for about 6 potatoes).
4. Spread onto baking sheets without crowding the potatoes.
5. Place into preheated 350 degree oven for about 45min to 1 hour. Flip once during cooking. Cook until brown and crispy!