May as well use the whole pumpkin! Waste not! Not only are they nutritious but they are a source of protein and a great source of fibre.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Spices as desired (I used cayenne pepper and garlic powder)
1. Wash pumpkin seeds and remove the stringy parts of the pumpkin.
2. Toss in a 1/2 teaspoon of oil.
3. Sprinkle with spices as desired – cayenne pepper and garlic powder OR brown sugar and cinnamon OR another spice combination.
4. Spread out on baking sheet. Place in preheated oven at 300 degrees F.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until baked and crispy.